Thursday, May 31, 2018

Old appliances

 My car is awfully old and falling apart. Lately it’s started backfiring. The first time it happened my daughter panicked. I just told her the car was getting old and starting to fart. The passenger side door doesn't open. It seems to be held together with rust. I’m hoping it will last one more year (I say that Every year).
What other things do I want to see lasting the year?
My computer. (please please please last one more year – at least – you’re 3 now, that’s young – you can do it!)
My refrigerator*. (Yes, I know you are second hand. Yes, I know you make funny noises and suddenly get either way too hot or too cold – but I need you. Honest. You’re my widdle wefwigerator *gives it a pat* Hang in there!)
Note* - soon after this post, the poor fridge gave up the ghost. I have a new one, and it has most likely saved us from getting food poisoning, so it was probably for the best.
My hairdrier. (It’s already broken – parts of it keep falling off. But it dries my hair – keep blowing!)
My keyboard. (I keep swearing at it and swearing I’ll get a new one, but all the buttons still work, so I guess it’s a keeper. For now.)
My vacuum cleaner. (I’m not really worried about it breaking, I’m worried that the filter will get so absolutely full of dust it will break, and the model is so old I won’t be able to get a new filter. Filter, keep breathing!!)
My jeans. (You still fit, even if the zipper is wonky. Who cares? You don’t have any holes. Keep it that way.)
My blender. (I got it for a wedding present. I have lost all the extra ‘whistle and bell’ accessories. But the basic blender is still there – still intact, and still working even though the speed can’t be adjusted anymore (it’s full speed or nothing) – it still chops, blends, mixes and makes soup. What more do I need?)
My dishwasher. (I fixed you three times. The repairman said there won’t be a next time – you’re old, everything is working through sheer stubborness and a refusal to break that I admire, even though your electronic panel is shot and I can’t tell what cycle you’re in – and you only have one cycle that works anyhow – I still think you’re terrific and could you please last another year?)
My favorite shoes - There is silver duct tape inside to cover the fact that the lining is gone - but I love my little black slides; they are black patent leather, open toe slide-ons with a comfy fiit. Please don't break! I don't have any more silver duct tape left...
What appliances are you praying will last out the year?
🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picasso's Lovers by Jean Mackin

  This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions . Jeanne Mackin will award a randomly drawn winner a $25 Am...