Saturday, May 4, 2019

Rain and Hail

For a couple days we’ve been having storms. Nothing huge, just blustery weather with a shower of sleet or hail, then brilliant sunshine. I run out with the dog while it’s sunny, keeping an eye on the dark clouds moving in. Yesterday I rode my daughter’s horse bareback. I haven’t done that in so long – it was so much fun, and Kalin is such a gentle horse. I even felt brave enough to trot and canter. Julia asked me if I wanted a little jump and I said no, but I may try it another time!
Hubby and I are watching the Avenger’s movies. We have no idea what order they’re in – we saw Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Iron Man and Thor, so I guess we’re mostly caught up, although yesterday we saw The Avengers Infinity Wars, and had no idea who half the people were. Where did the chap with the yellow stone in his forehead come from? And the guy with the wings? And I admit – I tried to watch the movie about the wizard but dozed off – it seemed to go nowhere – I will have to try again. Tomorrow we want to go to the movies to see the latest Avenger’s movie – it looks good. We haven’t gone to the movies in so long – I’m looking forward to getting some popcorn! (I’m So easy to please!)
Nothing much going on – Julia is in Portugal for the week. I’m supposed to be taking care of Kalin (when it stops being so blustery and cold!). I’m almost done with my latest book. I’ve taken it apart and have lopped off some clumsy passages, cleared up the plot, chopped out a whole scene or two, and am starting to get very excited about finally getting it done. I sent 3/4 to a beta reader, with the cavot that it was not finished, but I needed some feedback. It’s hard writing in a vacuum.
Well, off to walk the dog – the rain has stopped and I better be quick – there are more dark clouds on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Cure for Spring Fever by Barbara Robinson

  This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions . The author will award a $25 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly dr...