Friday, March 9, 2018

Flash Fiction Friday - The Creature from the Black Lagoon

PHOTO PROMPT © Sandra Crook

The Creature from the Black Lagoon.”
Shut up, Gina. Not funny.” 
That gate can't hold it. It can crawl out of the canal...”
Shut up! Why the hell I got you for a partner ?”
I'm joking, Ahmed.”
Sixteen people missing without a trace. Blood everywhere. How can you joke?”
Because if I don't, I'll scream.” Gina shivered. “Did you dust those rock sculptures?”
I...Shit, was that a ripple in the water? Hey! Relax! I was joking.”

That's why we're partners, Ahmed. No one else could stand our sense of humor.”

#


7 comments:

  1. Dear Jennifer,

    It sounds like Ahmed and Gina are meant for each other. Something tells me it's not all jokes in this story. Tense and spooky. Welcome to Friday Fictioneers.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great characterisation, that leaves he reader with a smile despite their desperate situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a fun take, Jennifer. I'm thinking those two have been buddies for a long time to tease each other like that.
    Now whether or not there is something sinister afoot...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes a certain kind of person and sense of humour to do that job. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A devoted couple beneath the surface I'm sure! Delightful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Horror can be funny, and this truly is. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've characterised your two main characters nicely, so that we smile even as we shudder at the blood...

    ReplyDelete

Picasso's Lovers by Jean Mackin

  This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions . Jeanne Mackin will award a randomly drawn winner a $25 Am...