Sunday, April 5, 2020

Antony and Cleopatra Part II



  • CleopatraWhere art thou, death?
    Come hither, come! come, come, and take a queen
    Worthy many babes and beggars!
  • CleopatraSir, I will eat no meat, I'll not drink, sir;3445
    If idle talk will once be necessary,
    I'll not sleep neither: this mortal house I'll ruin,
    Do Caesar what he can. Know, sir, that I
    Will not wait pinion'd at your master's court;
    Nor once be chastised with the sober eye3450
    Of dull Octavia. Shall they hoist me up
    And show me to the shouting varletry
    Of censuring Rome? Rather a ditch in Egypt
    Be gentle grave unto me! rather on Nilus' mud
    Lay me stark naked, and let the water-flies3455
    Blow me into abhorring! rather make
    My country's high pyramides my gibbet,
    And hang me up in chains!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Cure for Spring Fever by Barbara Robinson

  This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions . The author will award a $25 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly dr...