Sunday, December 17, 2017

Ecological me

I mentioned trying to be more ecologically-minded in my last post - but sending Christmas cards isn't the only thing I'm thinking of changing. Here are my efforts: Turn off the electricity – including unplugging all the "thingys that work even when they are turned off" things. Turning the heat down, onlyturning it on in the room we're actually in, and making sure it’s off at night and when we leave the apartment. Using my legs and bike as much as possible. Buying local produce, (OK, not coffee – or chocolate. Mea culpa.) Eating less red meat, and less meat in general. We recycle plastic, paper and glass. I try not to buy new clothes, favoring thrift shop stuff (new clothes are very polluting), I like to read ebooks (ink- chemicals! paper – dead trees!) I know it’s not perfect, and it’s not very much, but I am trying. And trying to be a better, more ecological person.
468230_10151143494640798_1695932471_o
The weather is very wet - no snow yet here, just sheets of rain. I'm waiting for my bathroom cieling to start leaking again. Here is a photo taken by my daughter in Paris on the Alexander III bridge near the Grande Palace. The bridge is a fabulous art-nouveau, rococo extravaganza of sculptures and lights. But maybe the lights should become solar power LEDs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Cure for Spring Fever by Barbara Robinson

  This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions . The author will award a $25 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly dr...